+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My 451 brabus

Default Re: My 451 brabus

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-ten View Post
    Just got an Airtec intercooler and Forge pipes. Waiting for a stainless manifold and modified turbo and will fit them all at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I was the first to have this fitted in January, the company had to redesign the product as the original map sensor didn't fit. So hopefully yours fitted ok. My car runs a full sensor datalogger, so all your upgrades you can see in real time the performance. Message me for details if that's of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-ten View Post
    Finally got round to fitting the Intercooler and pipes.
    Have also fitted an AEM water/methanol injection kit.

Am just waiting for my Forge turbo actuator to arrive and then I can fit the manifold and turbo.

Turbo looks great, what's the spec on it and does it provide much improvement over the original Brabus turbo? Have you been on a new rolling road test to see the new BHP?
    Couldn't really see from the photos of the injection system, is this injecting into the airtec metal case?
    My car is fitted with the smart4racing performance head bolts, original head warped so be careful if yours is still standard.

The Airtec intercooler, on my car I needed to put silicone rubber insulation on the car frame as the bottom LHS of cooler was about 5mm away from cars support frame. So when you accelerated it made a right racket also when cornering as well. All ok now with rubber, might be ok on your car as you got new suspension ��������
    Last edited by SUBARB; 4th July 2017 at 05:16.

I'm going to fit a unichip Q+ piggy back ecu and dual maps for the methanol injection.

The map sensor went in ok on my intercooler, but it did knock about when I was going over speed hump.
    I just braced it from underneath with a bit of stiff foam and that stopped it.

The turbo is being fitted today by smarts4you along with a new clutch.
    The head bolts are next on my list before the ecu and remaps.

Default My 451 brabus

I placed the methanol injector into the throttle body just behind the butterfly.
    I didn't fancy tapping into the intercooler just in case I messed it up. Used throttle bodies are about 30, so went down that road instead.

The intake temps drop from 45 down to 18

You will have a great evening if you get the car back today, look forward to the turbo performance review.

Thread Information