+ Reply to Thread

Default Smart Crossblade MOT Help Rear fog light.

I have recently purchased a smart crossblade #0105, and the MOT is due for renewal on 1st May 2016. i have been for a pre-mot and have been told that it would fail on a rear fog light because there isn't one present. how have owners solved this issue in the past??

Thanks in advance

Marc.

Default Re: Smart Crossblade MOT Help Rear fog light.

Thought the early Smarts had one on the wrong side if it was LHD and a reversing light on the right. My 1999 I put on RHD clusters and crossed the wires behind the handbrake.

You sure there is not a switch in the car and maybe the bulb has gone?
    Steve

First of all, hello and welcome to thesmartclub

It sounds to me like a bulb simply being out, so you'll just need to remove the rear light cluster and replace the bulb. Have you checked all the other lights on the car to make sure they're operating correctly too? All cars will have had a rear fog light, being as they're European type approved. As for which side this will be on depends if the car is a UK spec car, a car converted to UK spec or a mainland Europe car.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

Cool Re: Smart Crossblade MOT Help Rear fog light.

Thanks for the replies. There is a switch i was having a moment, the reason for the panic was there is an aftermarket rear fog light which is fitted in the boot but i has been broken during my driving. I have spoken to the previous owner who has mentioned they previously just fitted the fog light to the back of the car for the mot and then removed it after as the car was only used for the occasional summer drive.

Quote Originally Posted by makend1990 View Post
    ... they previously just fitted the fog light to the back of the car for the mot and then removed it after ....
    That is exactly what I do but I take it a wee bit further. I also fit MOT tyres which I replace with my usual bold tyres for normal driving.

Thread Information