VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: The next WirralSmarts car

Hey Everyone!

The company I work for wanted me to take a couple of days off so I finally had the time to fit the Grandlines to the car, just in time for Ace Cafe!

Don't they look cool? They still want power-coating and such but the look the part and the ride isn't too badly affected because of the thinner tyres.

Seeya all on the net!

Looks great

Thanks Need to decide if I want to get them painted yet but they look great as they are now.

A relatively minor update this time around. When I bought the car, it came with a pair of keys but it didn't come with the official Smart keyrings that makes it look the part and with the car originally having come from the Smart dealership in Oxford, I wanted some that specifically say Oxford (because I am a bit odd :P). I know Newcastle have/had some but a quick check and I found some from Oxford so I went to bought a couple.

For comparison, the keyrings that came with the car when I bought it. Boo...

Now it looks soooooooo much better.

The next thing on my list is the headlamp renovation. That means the front coming off and whilst it is off, I'll put in the new grills and possibly changing the air intake route. The headlamps are due new projector units, angel eyes (I've not decided on this one properly yet) and painting the headlamps the grey of the Tridion. With the longer days rolling in, that should be achievable, hopefully by Gaydon.

I got my key ring on eBay from Smart of Newcastle. In my experience the dealers address on the back wears off after a time anyway. See here...

That's happened after two years of being in my jeans pocket.
    2007 Smart Fortwo Passion Coupe C451 Turbo 999cc 84bhp
    Electric Windows
    Air Conditioning
    Smart Radio 9
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Luggage Compartment Cover
    Softouch Automatic Gear Program
    Bodypanels & Tridion Cell in Silver Metallic
    15" Alloy Wheels

I have a Mercedes Benz Blackpool keyring for my 450 CDI that has similarly worn, replacement Smart of Blackpool keyring arrived this morning. The official thing just looks so much nicer than garage identification tags.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information