+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    Had our ex-MB demo runaround for nearly two years now - a fully loaded 1.3cdi Passion which is great fun and doing the job despite 120k miles

    The only downside is audio issues - came with satnav/phone setup (no cradle ) and a CD changer under drivers seat marked MN901023/A454 820 06 89. Magazine won't eject from CD changer making it useless so

    1) any suggestions for a simple P&P replacement (or is there a trick to release the magazine that I've not yet found)

    2) Is there a simple USB based solution that'll plug unto the rear of the main unit

    Any suggestions welcomed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    6,643

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    You could get a wire to give you a basic audio input jack at the side of the glovebox. Other than that I think you're out of luck with a proper MP3 set up unless you have or can get hold of the ipod adapter that lives in the glovebox.
    Tony - Living life with Pure Passion, always with my finger on the Pulse

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    13,848

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    Change the head unit, you can get fascia adaptor (to accommodate single or double din in the existing double din slot ) plates everywhere on the internet for this car
    fq101.co.uk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wells
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    There is prob an eject you've not found... the 454 stereo's were the same as the A & B class from the same years so a merc forum may be able to help.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Change the head unit, you can get fascia adaptor (to accommodate single or double din in the existing double din slot ) plates everywhere on the internet for this car
    May have to resort to this and it'd solve all the problems except originality which seems a shame given everything else on the car

    Quote Originally Posted by lil.smartie View Post
    There is prob an eject you've not found... the 454 stereo's were the same as the A & B class from the same years so a merc forum may be able to help.
    I'll have to dig out my old username for this then - remember in the past trying to retrofit a CD changer to a W203 C320Cdi with no joy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    13,848

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    Presuming you've already found an eject button, .... Do you get any faint motor noise when attempting an eject?

    It's possible a belt has died (reverted to elastic), or snapped.. or a plastic motor gear has split..
    These things happen in my day job on cd mechs... Lastly could just be a multiple cd jam.
    All would usually provide a faint motor noise as a symptom.

    No noise could indicate simply disconnected
    fq101.co.uk

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2005 ForFour audio options - CD changer/USB

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Presuming you've already found an eject button, .... Do you get any faint motor noise when attempting an eject?

    It's possible a belt has died (reverted to elastic), or snapped.. or a plastic motor gear has split..
    These things happen in my day job on cd mechs... Lastly could just be a multiple cd jam.
    All would usually provide a faint motor noise as a symptom.

    No noise could indicate simply disconnected
    Definitely a noise when the eject button is pressed - and also one on ignition startup suggesting the head unit is searching through the (presumably empty) magazine.

    Presumably if any mechanism is FUBAR'd then no 'hidden' ejct button is going to be any better
    Last edited by k3lvc; 3rd January 2016 at 16:31.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts