+ Reply to Thread

Default "Smart of Liverpool" supplied 450, you got one?

Hi,

Strange request, hope i've picked the best forum, sorry if not.

I'd like to replace my 3rd party dealer supplied number plates with original style "Smart of Liverpool" ones.

So I can compare what Liverpool offer me now with those of 2006 vintage, same year as my car, does anybody still have plates from Liverpool supplied around 2005/6 on their car?

Would you be willing to email me some photos of the graphics on the plates please?

Thanks in advance,

regards

Chris

Default Re: "Smart of Liverpool" supplied 450, you got one?

Quote Originally Posted by chris553 View Post
    Hi,

Strange request, hope i've picked the best forum, sorry if not.

I'd like to replace my 3rd party dealer supplied number plates with original style "Smart of Liverpool" ones.

So I can compare what Liverpool offer me now with those of 2006 vintage, same year as my car, does anybody still have plates from Liverpool supplied around 2005/6 on their car?

Would you be willing to email me some photos of the graphics on the plates please?

Thanks in advance,

regards

Chris
    You may be best off going to Smart of Liverpool themselves to ask but I doubt you could get 2005/6 style plates from them. Unless you are trying to get a period perfect vehicle, the ones they are currently producing look the part anyway. I would dearly love to get my original style plates from 2002 but I suspect that would be an impossibility.

There are companies who will make up period plates if you have an example to copy from.

A work mate had some done for his VW.

Quote Originally Posted by chris553 View Post
    There are companies who will make up period plates if you have an example to copy from.

A work mate had some done for his VW.
    Really? Can you drop me a PM with details relating to this?

One thing that sprung to mind is that the licence plate may simply say "Mercedes of Liverpool" or similar as opposed to anything with Smart on it because of the merge between the dealerships.

When I collected my new fortwo in 2005, I was given a choice with my plates. I could choose either standard ones with a smart logo and dealership name, or GB Euro ones, but with a Mercedes-Benz logo and dealship name.

No prizes for guessing which ones I chose.

Hello, You ask after a sample plate from a Fortwo...why not a Roadster or Forfour?...I've got one of those, I'm sure they'd be the same, supplied new by Smart of Liverpool and still on its original 06 dealer plates

Thanks for all the replies everybody, sorry for delay in updating.

I've now got a sample graphic for "smart of Liverpool" pre Merc days. Think the graphic could also be applied to "smart of Leeds", "smart of Manchester" etc. with appropriate text and postcode changes.

My guy at work has put me touch with no. plate company he used for his VW dealer plates.

I'm going to contact them and see if they can work from my scan of the Liverpool graphics.

I'll update you all soon.

Regards

Chris

Thread Information